June 23rd, 2021 Regional Learning Center Proposal Request
2 min read
The Minnesota Child Welfare Training Academy (MNCWTA) is interested in developing three additional Regional Learning Centers (RLC); our Northwest regional location is currently in development. To enhance access to training opportunities across the state, priority will be given to host sites located in or adjacent to the following geographical areas:
- Northeast Academy – Saint Louis County
- Southwest Academy – Chippewa/Lac qui Parle/Yellow Medicine/Swift County
- Southeast Academy – Steele County
The Academy is particularly interested in developing a partnership with counties and tribes to be able to best support the workforce, but is also open to working with education partners and private agencies. Selected RLCs will receive an annual stipend of $24,000 (prorated the first year) to support ongoing infrastructure costs and priority access to the space by Academy staff.
A qualified Regional Learning Center consists of the following:
- A training room that accommodates 25 learners, or more (~775 sq. ft).
- The Academy will provide all audio visual and technical equipment as well as furniture for the training space.
- The Academy will provide up to $30,000 for one-time renovation costs of the space/facility.
- A meeting room that can accommodate approximately 10 individuals (~250 sq. ft).
- The host site will provide a conference table, chairs, and whiteboard.
- Two desks/workspaces for MNCWTA staff. Staff will have their own computer docks and monitors.
- Access to complimentary parking for up to 30 individuals for all trainings.
- An IT staff member needs to be available to answer questions or troubleshoot on days when training is scheduled. The IT person should be knowledgeable of host site network connectivity.
- A liaison to work with Academy staff and who (in addition to their host site roles and responsibilities unrelated to the Academy) will coordinate the training and meeting space & scheduling.
If you are interested, please contact Emily Batts (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a brief informational conversation over Zoom. In your email, include:
- Applicant name
- Names of any partners in the proposal
- Location - county or tribe
- Your contact information
Informational conversations will occur in mid-July with full proposals requested in September. A larger version of the MACSSA regions can be found here.