As an extension of the relationship between the Minnesota Child Welfare Training Academy (MNCWTA) and the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS), the Training Academy offers Minnesota families, counties, and tribes free access to curriculum and resources developed by the nationally recognized Foster Parent College (FPC). FPC provides innovative, research-based, and interactive courses to give foster, adoptive, and kinship parents the knowledge and tools they need. The content is CASA approved, endorsed by the National Foster Parent Association, and developed by experts in the fields of parenting, social work, pediatrics, psychology, psychiatry, and education.
Counties and Tribes can choose to take advantage of this opportunity through:
- The FosterParentCollege.com self-paced training and resources, accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This unlimited access offers more than 70 eLearning modules and is available to any county or tribe in Minnesota by contacting us.
- The Minnesota Foster Parent College Pre-service Training. This training consists of four live meetings and three self-paced modules. Agencies can choose to have the training be delivered by an Academy Trainer via a pre-scheduled cohort or have a member of their own team deliver the content.
For Counties and Tribes hoping to learn more about this program and get involved, please contact Diana Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or explore our new Minnesota Foster Parent College Training Partner Resource Site.
How to Register
To register families for an upcoming cohort, agencies can complete the participant registration form and should expect to hear from Diana Miller if they have not yet attended an FPC orientation. Dates are subject to change based on enrollment.
- Cohort 8: Tuesdays, June 7, June 21, July 12, and July 26, 2022
- Cohort 9: Thursdays, August 11, August 25, September 8, and September 22, 2022
- Cohort 10: Tuesdays, October 4, October 18, November 1, and November 15, 2022
- Cohort 11: Thursdays, December 1, December 15, December 29, and January 12, 2023
Families hoping to learn more about opportunities to foster, please visit the MN Adopt website for more information.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.