The Minnesota Child Welfare Training Academy (MNCWTA) would like to introduce Krista Trempe, our new graphic designer.
Krista is an award-winning graphic designer and visual communicator with over 20 years of experience. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and completed graphic design classes at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. The majority of her career has been in magazine publishing, but she loves all types of graphic design and is drawn to powerful photography and unique illustrations. Prior to working for the MNCWTA, she was an art director at MSP-C in Minneapolis. In her spare time she spends time with family and friends, participates in outdoor activities and trains and competes with her dogs in agility and obedience.
- What is your job title, and what will you do? Graphic Designer. I will create and coordinate all graphic design needs for the Minnesota Child Welfare Training Academy (MNCWTA).
- Tell us about your education and/or work experience prior to joining the MNCWTA. I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and I’ve completed graphic design classes at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. Prior to working at MNCWTA, I was an Art Director at MSP-C in Minneapolis.
- How long have you been working in your field? I’ve been a creative design professional for more than 20 years.
- What do you enjoy most about your work? Being a creative collaborator in the design process and creating designs that are compelling and useful.
- What are you most passionate about professionally? Creating graphic design solutions that are beautiful and intentional while keeping the end users and audiences in mind. I hope to use my professional design experience to help further the MNCWTA’s mission and purpose. I feel it is important work and I want to be a part of something that gives back to the community.
- What do you like to do outside of work? Spend time with family and friends, participate in outdoor activities and train and compete with my dogs in agility and obedience.
- What else should we know about you? I grew up on an apple orchard in southeastern Wisconsin.