Regional Learning Center (RLC) Information:
The Minnesota Child Welfare Training Academy (MNCWTA) is interested in developing three additional Regional Learning Centers (RLC); our Northwest regional location is currently in development (read more about that here). To enhance access to training opportunities across the state, priority will be given to host sites located in or adjacent to the following geographical areas:
- Northeast Academy – Saint Louis County
- Southwest Academy – Chippewa/Lac qui Parle/Yellow Medicine/Swift County
- Southeast Academy – Steele County
To view the MACSSA regions map, visit our website.
The Academy is particularly interested in developing a partnership with counties and tribes to be able to best support the workforce, and is also interested in working with education partners and private agencies.
A qualified RLC consists of the following:
- A training room that accommodates 25 learners, or more (~775 sq. ft).
- The Academy will provide all audio visual and technical equipment (screen, projector, cameras, microphones etc.), as well as furniture (tables, chairs, and whiteboards) for the training space.
- Training Academy staff must have priority scheduling access to this space to deliver training. However, when not in use the host site may use the space. The MNCWTA will aim to schedule out the space 6 months in advance. You can expect the room to be reserved by MNCWTA about 10 times a month.
- A meeting room that can accommodate approximately 10 individuals (~250 sq. ft).
- This can be a new, existing and/or renovated space.
- The host site will provide a conference table, chairs, and a whiteboard.
- Training Academy staff must have priority scheduling access to this space to conduct meetings. Use of the room will often coincide with training days but may extend beyond this. However, when not in use the host site may use the space. The MNCWTA will aim to schedule out the space 6 months in advance. You can expect the room to be reserved by MNCWTA about 10 times a month.
- Access to complimentary parking for up to 30 individuals. All parking costs will be covered by the host site.
- Two workspaces for MNCWTA staff (can be a shared space if no other space is available).
- The staff workspaces will need internet connectivity available.
- The Academy will provide monitors and docking stations to allow staff to utilize their Academy computing equipment.
- The host site will provide the desk and office chair.
- A host site IT staff member needs to be available to answer questions or troubleshoot on days when training is scheduled. The IT person should be knowledgeable of host site network connectivity.
- A host site liaison to work with Academy staff and who (in addition to their host site roles and responsibilities, unrelated to the Academy) will coordinate the training and meeting space & scheduling.
Additional RLC Information:
- Host sites will be provided up to $30,000 for one-time renovation costs, at the start of the contract in fiscal year 2022 (examples below).
- Relocate and paint walls
- Install new carpeting
- Provide furniture for the meeting room or two staff workstations (only training room furniture is provided by the Academy)
- Improve Internet speed/stability
- Contracts will begin when the training space is ready for use and will run until June 30, 2026, when contracts will be up for renewal.
- Host sites will receive a $24,000 annual stipend to support ongoing infrastructure costs and priority access to the space by the Academy staff. This stipend will be prorated for the first year and will be disbursed on July 1 each year thereafter.
MNCWTA Regional Learning Center Proposal Template
Please answer the questions below, adding any additional relevant information that will help us learn more about your space. You can copy and paste these questions and your answers into an email, or use this Microsoft Word document.
Proposals and supporting documents will be due to Emily Batts (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, October 6, 2021.
- Describe the physical space you currently have available (or could renovate) to meet the requirements of the RLC request. This includes the training room, meeting room, and two MNCWTA staff workspaces.
- Please detail the expected cost to prepare the space.
- Provide a work plan and timeline outlining tasks to be accomplished. The work plan should identify the proposed deliverables and indicate the level of Academy participation or interaction expected for each task.
- Please provide images/videos of the proposed training space, meeting room, and workspaces (attach to the final email). Highlight remodeling that may take place if funding is received.
- Describe your current Internet/networking capabilities. Are you able to provide a network that provides 1 Gigabit speeds to accommodate learning technology requirements in the training room?
- Describe the availability of the host IT and staff scheduling liaison. List any challenges you anticipate in providing support to Academy staff.
- Please describe your organizational commitment to diversity and equity and provide examples. You may include relevant policies (attach to the final email) but do not limit your answer to policy citations.
- Describe a successful community partnership where your organization shared resources.
- How will you ensure that child welfare professionals feel welcome in your space?
- How will learners receive free parking (ex. free lot, parking coupons)?
- What are other amenities available to the learners (ex: cafeteria, local restaurants, refrigerator, wellness space, nursing room, lockers)
- Please use this space to describe any other factors that may be relevant to this proposal.
Proposals and supporting documents (ex: building maps, photos of amenities, policy statements) will be due to Emily Batts (email@example.com) by Wednesday, October 6, 2021.