January 11th, 2021 Meet Ros Stack | eLearning Instructional Designer
3 min read
The Minnesota Child Welfare Training Academy (MNCWTA) would like to introduce Ros Stack, one of our eLearning Instructional Designers.
- What is your job title, and what do you do? I assess, design, develop, implement and monitor learning events delivered via digital technologies. Learning events include microlearning, videos, modules authored in rapid authoring software, and other products deemed useful to learners. I incorporate adult learning theories to facilitate learning, retention, and application of training objectives to social work practice to further assist in developing a competent and skilled child welfare workforce.
- Tell us about your education and/or work experience prior to joining the MNCWTA. My most recent educational accomplishment was earning my credential as a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) from the Association for Talent Development (ATD). The true value of any certification is to prove that you possess the knowledge and skills to meet professional standards. Prior to joining the state, I held positions in the training and performance arena including Corporate Trainer, Instructional Designer and Central Area Delivery Manager in various industries.
- How long have you been working in your field? I have been training since my very first part-time job as a busboy at a restaurant. I would train new bus-persons in. That trend continued for every role I occupied. It wasn’t until my employment with AT&T Wireless that my passion for training became my full-time role and responsibility as a Corporate Trainer. Although I do not facilitate instructor led classes in my current position, I still love what I do.
- What do you enjoy most about your work? I enjoy the creative aspect of taking content (words) and applying engaging elements to make the information more interesting for the learner (I hope).
- What are you most passionate about professionally? Continuing to learn and improve.
- What are you most passionate about personally? Raising my youngest child and supporting my adult children.
- What are you surprisingly good at? Playing pool/billiards.
- What do you like to do outside of work? During the summer I enjoy boating, fishing, hanging out on or in the water with my kids and friends, having campfires and BBQs. Winter is less active but I do like to drive/ride the side-by-side on the lake or on trails with my youngest son, Travin.
- What else should we know about you? My top 5 strengths provide insight into how and why I am the way I am:
- Achiever – I like to get tasks done and tend to not stop until what I’m working on is complete. I like to be the best at what I do.
- Woo (winning others over) – I like meeting new people and making a connection. I will get personal.
- Communication – I tend to put my thoughts into words easily. I’m a talker.
- Activator – Once decisions are made I want to get started with putting the plan in action. I may be inpatient if talking continues after a decision is made. Let’s get it done!
- Learner – I want to learn and continue to improve. I gain confidence from skill mastery.